Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Bucket of Blood - 1959




Brief little synopsis of the movie: A wanna be artist is a waiter at a Bohemian beat-nick cafe. Right there should be enough for hilarity to ensue (remember, this is from my horror collection). But he can't do art. Instead, when he one day ends up magically stabbing a cat stuck in a wall and then ripping the wall apart to take out the incredibly rigormortis cat from the wall, he thinks... Hey! Clay! I can cover it in clay! Ah, the makings of an artist. And a murderer.

This movie is great for a few laughs. Mainly just listening to the horrible lines in it. Half of them are actually incredibly entertaining! And two of the beat-nicks are smoked up and high the entire time, so watching them creates fun as well.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the movie:

"Go down, you murderer, go down!" Being sung in a peppy country style by some weird cowboyish guy.

"Be a nose! BE! A! NOSE!" Frustrated wanna-be artist as he is grabbing lumps of clay and clapping them together in hopes of ingenious.

"Life is an obscure hobo, bumming a ride on the omnibus of art." One of the lines of the free form poet, Maxwell.

And, I saved the best quote for last:

Beatnik Hustler: I saw a statue once. It was called, "the third time Phyllis saw me, she exploded."
Beatnik Hustler's Partner: Man, what kind of statue was that?
Beatnik Hustler: I dunno, it was made out of driftwood and dipped in fluoric acid. Very wild.

-spoken by the two dude's who are high through the entire movie.

Yes. Yes. The ENTIRE movie is filled with comic gold like this. Classy. And awesome. I highly suggest it. In fact, I would totally watch this movie again due to the entertaining dialogues.

No comments: